Conservation Begins Here.
The Student Conservation Association (SCA), America’s #1 conservation service organization seeks qualified applicants to lead, educate, and inspire young adults for the upcoming NorCal BLM Corps Team.
Program Dates (subject to change):
Leader Dates: Late April/Early May – November, 2018
Member Dates: Mid-May – Mid-October, 2018
Position Summary: For this project, the NorCal BLM team will travel to different California BLM field oﬃces completing work projects at each site. Projects may include: restoration of OHV routes, data surveys of wilderness study areas, trail maintenance or construction projects, erosion control, water damage repair, facilities maintenance, fence construction or repair, and invasive species monitoring and/or removal. The team should be prepared for hard physical labor in diﬃcult terrain with a wide range of weather conditions.
- Act as a Crew Manager guiding crew dynamics and facilitating teamwork
- Function as a Technical Advisor assisting in training corps members to complete quality work
- Serve as a Partnership Representative managing relationship with agency partner and ensuring successful and timely completion of work projects
- Perform tasks as a Program Administrator by communicating with SCA staff, completing documentation and managing a budget
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must have ability to legally work in the US
- Must be able to attend mandatory Crew Leader training
- Current Wilderness First Aid certification (Wilderness First Responder preferred) & CPR required by the start of the training
- Experience working with young adults (ages 18-25), teaching experience a plus
- Experience with conservation work skills or related skills, preferred i.e. trail maintenance, trail construction, chainsaw, carpentry, landscaping, and gardening
- Preferred: Current chainsaw certification (S-212 or Game of Logging)
- Ability to perform manual, physical labor for up to 8 hours per day, exposed to the elements and must occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds or more
- Valid driver’s license and MVR that meets SCA standards required
- Ability to meet SCA’s criminal background check standards
To Apply: Click Login or Sign Up. Create a profile; when prompted complete the Basic, Leader, and Final application sections. Please be sure to upload your cover letter, resume & 3 references. Once your application is complete, please email [email protected] with the position of interest listed in the subject line so we may review your application.
SCA is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.
For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org