The Rocky Mountain National Park in northern Colorado spans the Continental Divide and include mountains, alpine lakes and a wide variety of wildlife within various climates and environments, from wooded forests to mountain tundra. Come enjoy summer temperatures in the 70’s and 80’s and trails, wildlife, starry nights, and adventures with SCA!
- Dates: July 15 to August 12 (4 weeks) – NEW DATES
- Pre-requisites: Successful experience in backcountry camping required; previous trail work experience preferred
- Application Code: PO-00725333
- Boys: 0 spots remaining
- Girls: 2 spots remaining
The crew will work closely with and under the guidance of the National Park Service Trail Crew staff assisting with construction, maintenance and improvement of the park trails on the West side of the Park. Crew Members will install rock and log trail structures such as water bars, retainer bars, culverts, turnpikes, retaining walls and bridges. Also, they’ll improve the trails by brushing trail corridor, maintaining and cleaning water diversion structures, removing trail berm and removing down trees from the trail. The Crew will be building trails, conserving vital habitats, and protecting natural resources for future generations.
- Cost $3,000 per participant
- Include 8 to 10 high school aged members per crew
- Duration 3 to 5 weeks in the summer
- Are supervised by two experienced adult leaders
- Choose from spectacular locations
- Complete conservation projects
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is 15 to 18 years old on the start date of the crew
- Is committed to the mental and physical effort needed to learn new skills in a demanding environment
- Has the pre-requisite skills in camping and conservation work (varies by position)
- Is interested in building their skills in teamwork, leadership and problem solving
How to apply:
- Submit an application for the Rocky Mountain Park Crew
- Use Application Code: PO-00725333 after clicking above link.
- Please make sure that you meet the pre-requisites for the position(s) you are applying for