The Logistics Coordinator oversees the management of CCNB’s facilities, vehicles, equipment, uniforms and tools. S/he stays abreast of the OSHA requirements and best practices for safety and oversees the development and policy surrounding facilities safety, driver training, testing and ongoing safety auditing as well as tool safety training and use protocol. The Logistics Coordinator conducts regular inspections and inventories, tracks maintenance, works with vendors to order supplies, and ensures that CCNB is getting the best price and quality. S/he also tracks long term replacement and maintenance needs and plans upcoming budgeting, projects and purchasing as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Responsible for CCNB facilities including: hires and oversees cleaning contractors, directs grounds maintenance, coordinates all facilities opening/lock-down procedures, coordinates and collects bids for construction projects, and controls costs
· In conjunction with the Human Resources department, develops and implements CCNB safety plans
· Assures compliance with all relevant OSHA labor laws
· Provides purchasing/procurement of tools, equipment, project materials and uniforms in support of CCNB operations
· Oversees CCNB vehicle fleet; provides inspection and maintenance training for all drivers, collects daily vehicle inspections, coordinates maintenance and repairs with fleet maintenance contractor. Maintains records. Monitors and controls costs.
· Develops short and long-term vehicle/equipment replacement plans.
· Develops annual building, vehicle and equipment budgets
· Acts as CA DMV examiner for all new CCNB Class B drivers. Conducts all CCNB class C driver tests. Maintains all records in conjunction with Finance Department
· Provides primary short and long-term supervisor coverage, as needed, to include all duties and responsibilities of a Crew supervisor.
· Other duties as assigned
· Ability to manage a budget and prioritize projects and purchases
· Knowledge and experience with vehicle and small engine repair and maintenance
· Knowledge and experience with facilities repair and maintenance
· Ability to compare proposals and estimates for quality as well as price
· Experience and technical skills in natural resources management work and construction
· Experience supervising, training and educating young adults
· Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to perform strenuous work
· Highly organized
· Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook applications
· Ability to obtain Standard First Aid and CPR certifications
· Clean driving record and ability to obtain a California Class B Driver’s license and become a DMV Class B Examiner
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
· Education – Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in natural resources, construction management or related field from an accredited college or university
· Experience – Current Standard First Aid and CPR certification; Clean driving record and ability to obtain a California Class B Driver’s license
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Logistics Coordinator works outdoors around equipment and machinery, walking on uneven ground and steep hillsides, with exposure to noise, fumes and extremes in temperature. They may be expected to lift and move objects weighing up to 75 lbs, and carry objects at least ½ mile. Logistics Coordinator frequently uses special visual and auditory protective equipment. While performing the duties of this position, the Logistics Coordinator is required to walk and stand; sit and bend; squat and climb; kneel and twist; to talk or hear. The Logistics Coordinator uses hands to operate objects, tools, or controls; and reaches with hands and arms. The Logistics Coordinator uses hands to perform simple and power grasping, and fine manipulation; to push and pull.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The Logistics Coordinator is eligible for a full benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Chiropractic/Acupuncture, 401(K) Retirement, and Vacation, Holiday and Sick pay. Salary range for this position starts at $50,000 per annum.
Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume to recruiter and include ‘Logistics Coordinator’ in the subject line. You can also fax your cover letter and resume to (415) 454-4595 Attn: Recruiter
Conservation Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Conservation Corps North Bay
Conservation Corps North Bay’s mission is to develop youth and conserve natural resources for a strong, sustainable community.
We achieve our mission by:
Providing a diverse group of youth and young adults with opportunities to transform their lives through education, employability, civic engagement, and leadership.
Caring for our environment by conserving and restoring natural resources, and by improving recreational areas.
Creating the environmental leaders of the future by teaching environmental ethics and behaviors to children, teens and adults.
Making communities safer by reducing fire and flood hazards and by responding to public emergencies and disasters.
Serving Marin and Sonoma Counties since 1982, CCNB has helped nearly 10,000 young men and women break the cycle of poverty through education and job skills, while serving the environment and community.